At Fountains CE Primary School we know that PE plays an important role in the development of our children. PE leads to improved fitness, health and well being, concentration, attitude and academic achievement.
It can help children:
- Raise their achievement
- Excel in different areas
- Build self esteem
- Learn to cooperate as a team and display leadership skills
- Experience healthy competition- learn to cope with life's successes and defeats
- Be more responsible for themselves and others
- Develop a healthy lifestyle
Through PE children can develop Fountain's Christian values of:
Faith in God Peace and Humility Loyalty and Commitment Wisdom Trust
Responsibility Self-control and Moderation Friendship Kindness and Compassion
Justice Honesty and Integrity Respect Patience and Perseverance Endurance
Contentment and Thankfulness Hope
To achieve this we will:
- Provide high quality PE teaching, through rigorous monitoring and evaluation and identifying development needs and good practice;
- Ensure that their is strong leadership of PE, supported by the senior leadership team and the governing body;
- Make good use of partnerships such as the Harrogate School Sports Partnership;
- Work effectively with other schools to share practice and provide competitive opportunities;
- Make effective use of the sports premium money to bring about sustainable changes.
In order to help us do this we receive sports funding. Each year we will receive a lump payment of £16,000 plus an additional payment of £10 per pupil.
We aim to encourage a life time love of sport and keeping fit and encourage children to be the best that they can be.
Please click here to see information about the Sports Funding for 2018/2019.
Please click here to see information about the Sports Funding for 2017/2018.
Please click here to see information about Sports funding for previous years.