Our Mission Statement
To create a happy, secure and stimulating learning environment in which all members of the school community can grow in confidence and develop their full potential.
Aims & Values
- To develop co-operative, honest and respectful children who become happy, independent, self-motivated and confident learners.
- To promote children's curiosity and creativity through questioning, imagining and making links.
- To develop the children’s sense of responsibility for their own learning and behaviour through perseverance, focus and an understanding of the consequences of their actions.
- To help children plan, review and revise their own learning.
- To encourage children to develop empathy and mutual respect, an ability to listen, collaborate and communicate with others.
- To create an environment where children feel secure to experiment with new ideas and feel excited by challenge.
- To promote high expectations of behaviour.
- To promote and celebrate achievement in all areas for individual children.
- To help children to develop spiritual and moral values, respecting other races and individuals.
- To promote close co-operation and positive attitudes between home and school.
- To create a co-operative, supportive environment in which all staff can develop their professional expertise.
- To equip children with the basic skills vital to carry out their role in society, through a broad and balanced curriculum.
- To provide an opportunity for all children to develop english, maths, science and computing skills in a meaningful context.
- To introduce children to the arts, through creative experiences.
- To promote values of tolerance and respect for others.
- To provide a secure and structured environment in which children can work confidently and achieve success.
- Governors will work as part of an informed partnership with the school, to ensure continued development in all areas.
- To build up links that will enhance the children’s understanding of the society they are part of.
- To develop social and cultural skills on a variety of levels, through liaison with other schools.